Written by: Eden903
When you’re buying a lip balm or chapstick from the store, you never really know what’s in it. And, when you do read the ingredients, you see a bunch of harmful and unhealthy chemicals that have long-term effects on your body. So, why not create your own lip balm? That way you know exactly what’s in your own products. Many products in the cosmetic industry are full of ingredients which, though are regulated, are known as potential health risks. Which, when you
think about it is insane since this these products are absorbed by the body. It’s time you get creative and made your own essential oil DIY lip balm.
What are the benefits of essential oils?
An essential oil is basically aroma compounds from plants which can be used for natural remedies for a variety of health conditions. For example, aromatherapy uses essential oils to improve the well-being of people, both psychological and physical. But what are the benefits of essential oils? Now, depending on the essential oil you use, it works in a specific way. However, generally, essential oils work:
● Boost immunity
● Contain powerful antimicrobial properties
● Reduce inflammation
● Natural air cleansing
● Fight infection
● Reduce anxiety
● Increase mood
● Balance hormones
By choosing the right essential oil for your lip balm, you’ll be able to create a lip balm
that’ll be able to work to either make you feel calmer or more energetic - whichever you prefer. You’re creating a lip balm that’s for you, tailored to your needs. We’re going to show you how to your own lip balm using lavender oil.
What is lavender oil good for?
Lavender oil has many health benefits and is well-known for eliminating pain, disinfecting the skin, enhancing circulation, acting as an antiseptic and antibacterial and increase mood. Lavender oil in particular works to increase the feeling of contentment, balance emotions, reduce stress and anxiety. A couple drops of therapeutic grade lavender oil in your lip balm and you’ll feel the difference every time you inhale. Lavender Mint Lip Balm It takes 20 minutes to make and once completed, you’ll have between 7 to 9 lip balms which will last you months. Ingredients:
● 7 drops of lavender essential oil preferably from shoploveforest
● 7 drops of shoploveforest peppermint essential oil
● 2 tablespoons of organic shea butter
● 1 tablespoon of beeswax
● 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
● Lip balm container
1. In a pot, preferably a small one, over medium heat, place the beeswax, coconut oil, and
shea butter inside. Melt them down.
2. Once melted, remove the pot from the heat and add in your lavender and peppermint essential
oil. Whisk the ingredients together, making sure the oils are well spread through the mixture.
3. Pour the liquid then quickly into your lip balm containers. You can also use chapstick tubes as well. Allow them to cool on your counter until they harden.
4. Once they’ve hardened, you’re ready to go and use them! Contrary to what people believe, making your own lip balm isn’t as hard as people think. Within 20 minutes, you’ll have enough lip balm to last you the entire year. Plus, they’ll be tailored to the scents that’ll either bring you energy or calmness.